Notice of Annual General Meeting
In consultation with the Larrakia Nation Advisory Group we have called the annual general meeting for the corporation for the year ended 30 June 2016 for:
Date: Wednesday, 26 October 2016
Time: 5.30 pm
Place: Larrakia Nation Office, 76 Dick Ward Drive, Coconut Grove
- checking the register of members
- confirmation of the minutes of the last general meeting
- report from the special administrators – Gerry Mier
- report from the interim CEO – Allan McGill
- presentation of the financial reports for the year ended 30 June 2016
- appointment of an auditor and agreeing on their fee
- discussions in relation to the existing role and purpose of the corporation, including current service delivery programs
- discussions in relation to possible changes to the rule book
- members questions.
The Registrar, Anthony Beven, will also be at the meeting and will be available to answer any questions.
Note: Under rule 7.14.1 a member can appoint a member of their family group as proxy to attend the meeting and vote on their behalf. If you wish to appoint a proxy, please ensure that the attached proxy form is completed and returned to the Special Administrator or the Corporation by 5:00pm on 24 October 2016.
Please note upon arriving for the AGM, members are asked to sign in and check that their details on the register of members is correct. Staff members from Larrakia Nation will be onsite to assist.
As the corporation is in special administration there will be no election of directors at the 2016 AGM. Directors will be appointed at the conclusion of the special administration, after consultation with members.
This is a very important meeting—please come along and support your corporation.
|Special AdministratorsGerry Mier and Tony JonssonGrant Thornton Australia
Phone: (07) 4046 8888
|You can find out more about special administrations by visiting www.oric.gov.au or by calling the Registrar’s office on 1800 622 431(not free from mobiles).|