Larrakia Nation Aboriginal Corporation (LNAC) is the peak advocacy and support agency for the Larrakia people, the Traditional Land Owners of the Greater Darwin area.
Initially established in 1998 to represent the native title interests of the Larrakia people, LNAC has since evolved into a vital service delivery organisation focused on addressing the social, cultural and economic aspirations of the Larrakia people by initiating and administering programs, projects and services for the broader aboriginal community.
LNAC is a not-for-profit organisation. Our aim is to assist the indigenous people of the Northern Territory to ‘Live Stronger, Live Longer’
As an employee of Larrakia Nation you will benefit from:
- An attractive salary
- Salary packaging
- Dedicated Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training & development opportunities
We are currently seeking the following
Objective : As a member of a team, provide and assist in culturally appropriate support to Indigenous families residing in the Darwin and Palmerston Urban areas and Town Communities to ensure they achieve successful tenancies.
Duties include (but not limited to):
- Is responsible for Case Management and Support including: assessment, case plans, coordination, monitoring and implementation of plans in a timely manner;
- Ensures appropriate clients records are recorded in a timely manner;
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with LNAC and other relevant stakeholders in the interest of the client and the program;
- Be punctual, reliable and maintain a neat and tidy appearance;
- Support training programs to families under the TSP program;
- Takes part in the assessment phase under the supervision of the Team Leader
- If required, provides referrals to a range of relevant support services
- Responsible for TSP equipment including lawn mower, Whipper Sniper and Trailer i.e. monitoring their use to TSP Client groups.
- Assists in the development and implementation of procedures;
- Ensure client confidentiality and legally accountable practices at all times;
- Other position related duties as agreed in performance agreement, with your supervisor;
- Maintain respect for Larrakia people and traditional country;
If you have a desire to work in Community Services and help our clients sustain their tenancies and have a genuine respect for the indigenous culture then this is the job for you.
To apply, please download the job description below and address the selection criteria enclosed, please then submit this alongside your up to date resume to email@example.com
Applications close at on Monday 1st October 2018
CASUAL POOL OF CANDIDATES
If you are interested in providing an application for either our Patrol Officer / Support Worker / Cleaner roles. We maintain a casual pool for these roles.
To apply, please download the job description below and address the selection criteria enclosed, please then submit this alongside your up to date resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Submission of applications does not mean you will be guaranteed a role at any given time, we will review completed applications as required and will contact you.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
We are currently seeking Cultural Artists & Educators to assist in connecting our school children with Aboriginal culture such as dance, music, arts and craft, storytelling, traditional food and cultural awareness. These activities may be held at our Cultural Centre in Palmerston or at local schools.
To apply you will need: An up to date resume demonstrating your skills/talent, a valid Working with Children’s Card, a current National Police Check (dated within the last 6 months) and a current ABN.
Please be aware that without the above, we cannot proceed with your application.
If you have a talent or skill that you feel would assist us in achieving the above and providing children with new positive experiences, please contact our Palmerston Office on 8931 2120 or email email@example.com.