You may not be aware that Larrakia Nation is currently under Special Administration and is FIGHTING FOR SURVIVAL.
Larrakia Nation Aboriginal Corporation (LNAC) is seeking support from local businesses, organisations & individuals.
- Do you have confidence that the changes we have made and are putting in place, puts us in a better position to take the Nation forward?
- Do you think that having one organisation running these programs is BETTER than a dozen organisations with little or limited communication or interaction?
- Do you believe that the Aboriginal and Long Grass community look to us as their preferred organisation for help and support?
- Do you believe that having the Nation gives Larrakia People a voice in decisions that are being made about the future of this land are not just about the bottom line?
- Have you ever used any of the services or sought information and guidance about anything we do, to help someone in the community or family?
- Should it be a Larrakia organisation who passes on the culture of Larrakia People?
IF YOU ANSWERED YES TO JUST ONE OF THE QUESTIONS ABOVE THEN YOU HAVE A REASON TO GET INVOLVED WITH RAISING SUPPORT TO KEEP THE NATION AFLOAT! THIS WILL NOT WORK UNLESS WE ALL UNITE & WORK TOGETHER.
To aid us in our hour of need we are seeking your help in four ways:
1. A Letter of Support from you and/or your business/organisation, outlining the necessity of Larrakia Nation, being Traditional Owners of this land and how we are contributing to the care and well being of the Aboriginal people within the Greater Darwin area. The improvements we have put in place with our eleven (11) programs including Aged Care, Tenancy Support, working with people in the Long Grass, Larrakia Rangers, Palmerston Family and Culture Centre, Night Patrol services as well as trying to get a good working model with Territory Connect, ensuring that we do not find ourselves in the same predicament in the future. The Nation also provides a united, strong voice to speak up for this land, it’s people and our sacred sites. As well as the issues faced by the Larrakia People and all Aboriginal people in general.
2. Secondly, we are hoping that a Petition be allowed to circulate through your organisation and community and to be signed showing support of Larrakia Nation and what we are endeavouring to do.
3. Donate anything you can to our Go Fund Me page gofundme.com/save-larrakia-nation and circulate amongst your family, friends, colleagues, business, organisation & social media.
4. Lastly and most importantly, attend our Rally between the hours of 11.00am – 1.00pm on Tuesday, 22 on November 2016 at the front of the NT Parliament next to Bennett Park in the City. We want to be able send a strong message, so your presence would be appreciated.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for petition forms requests and submission of letters of support.
Please return completed petition forms to email@example.com before the close of business Monday 21st November 2016.
Larrakia Nation is not just an organisation, we are a family. Our programs are an integral part of the community as is the Nation’s presence on a whole. We would like to take this opportunity to say thank you in advance and any assistance that could be extended to Larrakia Nation during this time, would be very much appreciated.
*ANNOUNCEMENT* We are pleased to announce that we have emerged from special administration. Thank you to everyone who supported us during what was a difficult and stressful period in the organisation’s history. Larrakia Nation will now keep on doing what we do best – looking out for the people that need our help. http://www.oric.gov.au/…/media-r…/larrakia-nation-back-track
Larrakia Nation currently have some assets available for purchase. These items have been posted on Gumtree and can be found below: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/darwin-cbd/miscellaneous-goods/mobile-shower-and-trailer/1146178942 https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/darwin-cbd/other-home-garden/kawasaki-ride-on-mower-and-trailer/1146175698 https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/darwin-cbd/motorboats-powerboats/4-9-metre-aliminium-boat/1146173769 https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/darwin-cbd/miscellaneous-goods/demountable-for-sale/1146168470 If you interested in any of the following items please contact us via the Gumtree posts. Thank you,
You may not be aware that Larrakia Nation is currently under Special Administration and is FIGHTING FOR SURVIVAL. Larrakia Nation Aboriginal Corporation (LNAC) is seeking support from local businesses, organisations & individuals. Ask yourself…… – Do you have confidence that the changes we have made and are putting in place, puts us in a better […]
Notice of Annual General Meeting In consultation with the Larrakia Nation Advisory Group we have called the annual general meeting for the corporation for the year ended 30 June 2016 for: Date: Wednesday, 26 October 2016 Time: 5.30 pm Place: Larrakia Nation Office, 76 Dick Ward Drive, Coconut Grove AGENDA checking the register of […]
All members* of the corporation are advised that a general meeting of members will take place as follows: Time: 10:00am Date: 9th August 2015 Place: Conference Room, Nungalinya College, 72 Dripstone Rd., Casuarina Agenda 1. Confirm the chair of the meeting (in accordance with the rule book) 2. Apologies 3. Accept proxy votes 4. Minutes […]
Larrakia Nation’s Annual Report for 2014 is now available. It can be obtained by clicking on the link below, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or dropping in to our office in Coconut Grove. It’s been a big year for us, I hope you will enjoy reading all about it. Larrakia Nation Annual Report 2014_small
Nine staff Larrakia Nation recently went down to visit Tangentyere Council, our counterpart in Alice Springs, primarily to visit their Night Patrol and Aged Care but also to see how they run their services and discuss ways to better work together in future. Our staff came away really impressed by the way they support the town […]
Larrakia Nation has a new scheme to support people to visit and spend time with Aboriginal elders in Darwin. With support from the Department of Social Services, we are currently looking for people willing to volunteer their time to support isolated frail aged Aboriginal people at home and in residential care. Our elders have a […]
Larrakia Nation staff Stuart McGrath and Sandy Japangardi Walker both won awards at the ‘Hogies’ – the inaugural NT Homelessness Sector Awards launched at the 2014 NT Homelessness Summit held last week at the Darwin Convention Centre. Stuart won best new talent and Sandy won best Indigenous Worker. They recently started up a new pilot […]