Any Larrakia person is eligible to be a member, and there are many advantages to joining up.
Today we have over 600 members who are descendants of the original inhabitants of the Darwin region, and drawn from eight families:
- Batcho family
- Browne/Talbot family
- Cubillo family
- McLennan family
- Raymond/Mills family
- Roman family
- Shepherd family
- Fejo family
Update your membership details
Keeping your membership details up to date with us means we can contact you and provide member benefits and keep you informed of what we’re doing for members and the Darwin community.
If your details change – email email@example.com to let us know.
To become a member fill in the APPLICATION FORM and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring the completed form in person or send it to 76 Dickward Drive, Coconut Grove, Darwin.
Our logo represents our families
The eight families are represented in our logo by eight spears, together with the dangalaba (crocodile), the major totem for Larrakia people.
- The election of family representatives at the Annual General Meeting
- Letters of Aboriginality
- Discounts to participating businesses
- Advocacy on your behalf
- Assistance with vehicles and seating for funerals
- Travel assistance for young people for sports, culture and leadership activities
- Booking the Larrakia community centre for events and meetings
- Access to Larrakia Nation records and archives
- Free tickets to events
Please be aware LNAC is a charity and we have limited ability to help with financial hardship.