Larrakia Nation is one of Darwin’s leading community service organisations. We have grown strong in recent years and deliver a wide range of programs and services across the Darwin region. We are one of the largest not-for-profit, non-government employers of Aboriginal people in Darwin.
Living stronger, living longer.
Larakia working together caring for our land, our sea, our culture and our people.
- Respect for everyone. We respect our history, country, culture and people.
- Transparency in all our dealings.
- Integrity in all we do.
- Compassion for everyone we meet.
- Reliability at all times.
- Responsiveness in every situation.
- Accountability for all our stakeholders.
- Good governance is at the heart of how we operate.
The Larrakia Nation Journey
Larrakia Nation Aboriginal Corporation was set up in 1997 through the Northern Land Council to provide a corporate identity for Larrakia people to uphold Native Title claims.
In 20 years, we’ve grown to represent the Traditional Owners of the Darwin region and to speak on behalf of Larrakia people while delivering community and outreach services to the broader Darwin community.
Today we operate in nine program areas with the collective vision of Living Longer, Living Stronger.
Our services include: